Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Everton gets third signing

When I first entered into the working world, I had to buy my long-sleeved shirts on a cheap because I did not have the budget to buy the Pradas and the Calvin Kleins. Eight years on, I can now afford shirts of better texture and of superior quality than what I had first purchased, though it may still not be of reknown brands.

I find this so similar to Everton's situation now.

From bargain players such Marcus Bent and Kevin Kilbane, to loan players such as Matteo Ferrari and Brian McBride, all these players and more came in without David Moyes needing to break his piggy bank. Of course over Moyes reign in Everton, he also brought in gems such as Joseph Yobo, Mikel Arteta, Tim Cahill and Tim Howard.

Come this new season, each and every player that Moyes has brought in comes with class. Phil Jagielka has been the boiler room of Sheffield United, Steven Pienaar has been compared to the likes of Tomas Rosicky, and the most recent Leighton Baines, who have made the left back position his own in Wigan at a tender age of 22.

Everton will need another one to two more players, especially with the sale of James Beattie. Everton should rely on more than just one Andrew Johnson and young players such as James Vaughan and Victor Anichebe, but also a world class striker act as a role model for the young striking lads.

So I would say, more of the same. Bring in the big guns.

No comments: